Information for First Communion & Confirmation Programs
In lieu of having parent meetings Fr Tony, our Pastor, has created videos to give information about our Sacramental Programs for First Holy Communion and Confirmation. Parents interested in enrolling their child in either program need to watch the video then click the link for the online registration form and download the parent packet of information. Contact the Parish Faith Formation Office with any questions.
Confirmation Program for Fall of 2020
To register your child for St. Stephen's Confirmation Program please watch the video introduction to the program, then use our online registration form. After filling out the online form please submit your child's Baptismal certificate to the office. We will make a photocopy and return the original to you. Download the information packet from Fr. Tony. Registration for our program should be completed by Wednesday, December 2, 2020 for the 2020-2021 School Year.*
Please fill out the online registration form (click link above to go to the Google Form).
After watching the video of Fr. Tony introducing the Confirmation Program, please download the PDF document for the packet of information for parents AND students. More information is to come regarding Candidate & Sponsor meetings, special projects and community service hours.
Important Dates for the Confirmation Program:
Confirmation application due December 2, 2020 (via online Google Form)
Sponsor Declaration Form due January 4, 2021
Confirmation Name due January 25, 2021
Saint Report due February 16, 2021
First Communion Program for Fall of 2020
To register your child for St. Stephen's First Communion Program please use our online registration form. After filling out the online form please submit your child's Baptismal certificate to the office. We will make a photocopy and return the original to you. Download the information packet from Fr. Tony for the first parent meeting. Registration for our program should be completed by Friday, October 23, 2020 for the 2020-2021 School Year.*
Please fill out the online registration form (click link above).
Please download the PDF document for the packet of information for parents for the first parent meeting (Fall 2020). The meeting in January will have a different packet of information.
Important Dates for First Communion Program:
- First Reconciliation - Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in St Stephen Church.
- First Holy Communion Parent Meeting #2 - Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. in St Stephen Church
- "Agape Meal" First Communion Class Family Night (students & parents; siblings are welcome) - Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. in Donworth Hall
- First Communion Class Retreat - Friday, April 30, 2021 in Church & Donworth Hall (time to be determined)
- First Holy Communion Mass - Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. in St Stephen Church
*the Faith Formation program accepts students on a rolling basis, so registration is open year round.
Tutorial on How to Receive Communion
Fr. Tony and Mary Molly created this short video to demonstrate how to receive Communion.
Please practice at home with your child who is preparing for First Communion:
- remove their mask once they get up front and are next in line to receive Communion
- make a little bow before approaching Fr. Tony (they are bowing to Jesus who is present in the Eucharist)
- place their hands out properly to receive the Host, making a “little pillow” with the palm of the top hand (the dominate hand is on bottom)
- say “Amen” clearly
- step to the side then place the Host on their tongue
- replace their mask, then with “prayer hands” return to their pew to kneel and pray